"You can't make somebody understand something if their salary depends upon them not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

activism report: baby steps

The student senate president hasn't gotten back to me yet. I did email the Killer Coke group, who did email me back. We'll be communicating a bit soon I think. I also emailed Coca-Cola's corporate responsibility people on their website asking to see if they'd comment on the protests. I'll keep you updated if they respond.

Finally, I created a group of Facebook. Not sure how much good that'll do but you never know. I saw a "Fuck Coke" group in Purdue University, who did manage to get Coke off their campus, so maybe it'll work.

By the way, after some research last night, I found out that there was a town hall meeting regarding the banning of Coca-Cola on June 2006 but no concrete resolution seemed to have materialized from that.

The fight continues.

No comments: