"You can't make somebody understand something if their salary depends upon them not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

join folding@home

I just used my PS3 to sign up for Stanford University's Folding@Home project. The project basically uses millions of idle computers (and I guess game consoles now) to do "protein folding". I'm not fully sure what it is, but whatever it is, it's using your processor's power to help do medical research. How can it get better than that?

I created a team called "end Iraq war". The team number is 61764. Now you can fight disease while being anti-war as well. How great is that?

If any of you have PCs or PS3 turned on all day and sitting idle, why not help out the medical community?

For more information, following the link: http://folding.stanford.edu/

No comments: