"You can't make somebody understand something if their salary depends upon them not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Going green step #1: Renewable energy

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's clueless about this, but I just found out from my utility website that I can switch to green power (wind, hydro, etc.) In fact, there were a bunch of companies that were doing it. The websites were more complicated than they should be, and many of them gave me error messages, unfortunately.

In the end, I switched to Sterling Planet, which does wind and hydro power. It's not immediately clear where to find it on the ConEd website, so make sure you go to this page.

Really, everyone should check out their utility companies and do their best to switch to green power that uses renewable resources if you can.

No comments: